Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Rompomania

I'm not the only one with rompers on the brain. Sunni's been staring at rompers all day too. Check out all these she dug up around the interwebs:

Sunni's Pinterest Thingy
What is the deal with this Pinterest business? I'm too lazy to investigate, but two blogs I follow have mentioned it in the last week. It's an online inspiration board, right? Sort of like how people create flickr galleries? I don't have a flickr account, so I don't really know. I am dubious about spending time assembling things like this. How much time do we spend surfing and how much time do we spend sewing? And how much more could we accomplish if we just put the laptop away. And what happened to just getting inspired without staring at other people's work all day?

Of course, I'm also a guilty party. I have a folder with some inspiration pictures I've picked up around the web. And I spend way too much time browsing photos of projects before I get started on my own. But I'm working on cutting my web time down so I can boost my sewing time. And you really can't beat the internet when you need help with a specific technique. Speaking of which, I need instructions for sewing on a peter pan collar. Anyone? Gertie has a great tutorial for drafting one... I just need the next seven or eight steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment