Oh boy, I need some moral support to help me resist buying fabric this week! I'm in a tough situation and highly susceptible to temptation right now! Here's the problem:
1. I'm covering shifts at a job where there's lots of time to browse the internet.
2. I have a penchant for browsing the "Fabrics and more..." message board over at Sewing.PatternReview...
3. Through said message board, I discovered mega sales over at Fabricmart:
4. I just got a new job (starting next week) which gives me a real grown-up salary!
5. This job requires business casual attire, of which I have very little, which is a good way to justify buying fabric.
Can you see why this is a recipe for disaster!!?? Yesterday I only browsed, then resisted. TODAY I ended up with things in my cart and my bank card out, then resisted again. Phew. It was a close one though. And I only just got done talking with a coworker about trying to limit my fabric stash! I need an outlet for my fabric fantasies and frustrations, so I'm foisting it on you guys. Maybe if I show you all the things I'm thinking about buying I will purge myself of the need to actually buy them.
First off, we have some "mint slubbed rayon suiting." I'm not sure what exactly to expect from this, but I like the sound of it and it's only $1.99 a yard. I KNOW.
This could make a really nice sheath dress and matching summery jacket for, oh, $10 or less. Resist! But if I didn't resist, I'd probably use McCall's 6460 (which I have in my stash) and make the short sleeve raglan version:
cotton pique in a beautiful rose print:
If I got my hands on this, I'd probably make a pencil skirt. I recently made Colette Patterns' Lily as a skirt (blog post coming as soon as I take photos), and I'm eager to make another, and another, and another...
Fabricmart also has a whole bunch of cotton/silk voile from J. Crew, and I could sure use a basic white blouse...
And I was also drawn in by this striped shirting, which could make a really cute button-up to pair with the navy pencil skirt I just finished:
You can bet I'd play around with some diagonal striped patch pockets or peplum or something.
I do feel a little better now that I've gotten all that off my chest. I'm going to keep on resisting. For today at least. What are you resisting lately?