Thursday, May 26, 2011

Embroidery Inspiration!

It's time to get started on embroidering the neckline of my linen dress, but I was having trouble finding just the right pattern. After doing lots of searches on Etsy and Google Images, I stumbled across Carina's Craftblog. Check this out:

Or how about this...


I love her work! It looks (to me anyway) like her stitches are fairly simple, but she uses such beautiful detailed designs in such wonderful colors that they become a work of art. Carina also has many tutorials online, several eBooks to teach beginners how to embroider, and patterns for sale.

I also found this:

Checkout Girl - doodle stitching
All she did was put some cotton on a hoop, sketch with a pencil, and started stitching. And look how beautiful! Is it really as easy as that? Well, I'm sure this takes practice, but it seems very doable. So with these websites for inspiration, I'm going to tackle drawing my own pattern for my dress neckline. Something doodly, with simple stiches, and hopefully lots of personality. We'll see how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment